So, yes, the segment on Fox 29 about Philadelphia bloggers — and by that, I mean me and Johnny Goodtimes — aired last night, and I’ve done a little guide to my favorite shot on last night’s program. (You can click to enlarge.)
- 1. One of you called it No Country for Old Men hair and my hairdresser said it looked like a hockey player’s haircut. (Complete with playoff beard!) I prefer to think of it as the too-lazy-to-get-a-haircut look, but I finally got it cut short again on Tuesday. The beard will probably go soon, too, but, again: Laziness.
- 2. These are the Dr. Seuss glasses one of you remarked on. I’m going to go get them straightened today, actually; also, they’re hilariously Sean John brand classes.
- 3. This is not a shirt a picked up at a thrift store, it is an actual 1998 Viking Invitational cross country shirt, a race I competed in. (I was have been a junior in high school.) I never seemed to do well in that race, so I guess I never really wore the shirt regularly until a few months ago. I’m sure my high school coaches are proud of me.
- 4. One of the better things on my walls, this advertisement from around World War II is actually for Stetson hats, but the theme is “Keep it under your Stetson” — as in, “Don’t tell the enemy about the war plans. Wear Stetson hats!” Companies really need to start doing this style of advertisement again.
- 5. This is my MacBook, my pride and joy. If only Apple products weren’t shoddily constructed — I believe they’re made out of butter — I would be marrying this thing.
- 6. Strunk & White’s The Elements of Style. Goodtimes accused me of putting this on top of my pile of books to make myself look smarter, but I pretty much re-read this thing every couple of months. If you’re a writer and you don’t have this book, go get it now, go get it now, go get it now. It’s essentially the writers’ bible.
- 7. The rest of the books here are pretty awesome as well. The best title is, of course, Marijuana Myths, Marijuana Facts, but I’d also like to direct your attention to my proof of the new Lewis Black book, the copy of Jen Miller’s The Jersey Shore: Atlantic City to Cape May, Hershel Walker’s book about multiple personalities, Darren Daulton’s book about how the world will end in 2012 and, of course, Drug Warriors and Their Prey: From Police Power to Police State, which I can also not recommend enough. It’s probably the best-argued book I’ve ever read.
- 8. This orange pen is the one I used to write-in Brian Hickey for First District Senate and Chrissmari for State Treasurer. Although you can’t see the cup it’s in, it has a 1996-97 Sixers schedule on it, the team’s first season in what was then called the Corestates Center.
- 9. Uh, this is the temperature, showing it was 53 degrees when my segment aired last night.
YouTube clip of the segment after the jump. Thanks to Kerri-Lee Halkett for actually doing a piece on me! On the TV!